Excel - Rename Duplicate Column Names in a Spreadsheet
This bot assumes that the first row is header information and that the header information needs to be unique before importing it into a database or dataset. Rather than compare the headers, each header is rewritten to ensure uniqueness. In this bot, we will be using the ODS actions and Text actions to accomplish our goal.
You can use this bot to:
- Prevent a duplicate header in a spreadsheet
- Rename duplicate column headers
- Simplify the process of renaming a header in a spreadsheet
- Rename duplicate column headers to avoid getting errors trying to read the XLS data using Automate
Ready to start using this bot?
This task is compatible with:
- Automate Ultimate 11.2 and greater
- Automate Plus 11.2 and greater
- Automate Desktop 11.2 and greater